When: Thursdays - Saturdays
Time: 12:30 pm
Food Stops: 5-6 food stops. Plenty of food is served.
Duration: 2 hours
Walking distance: 8 short city blocks
Meeting point: Two blocks from Domino Park. Exact address disclosed with ticket purchase..
Weather: We tour rain or shine.
Get to know Miami beyond South Beach & venture to off-the-beaten-path places for curious eaters
Join us to taste some of the best Cuban bites in Miami. Tours of Little Havana exploring history and culinary delights! Meet in Little Havana, a lively, family-friendly neighborhood, and begin a guided edible journey through one of Miami’s oldest neighborhoods. Learn about traditional, rustic Cuban cuisine by tasting your way through the must-visit street in the area — Calle Ocho. This tour is designed for both locals and visitors who want to learn about the area’s history and culture while tasting Cuban food that have been prepared by the same families from recipes handed down through generations. Meet local artists, watch cigar rollers, take a peek at Domino Park – all while getting the insights of a vibrant Miami neighborhood. This guided, narrated food tour is both a cultural and a culinary experience.
What you will experience:
- Experience Little Havana’s culture and heritage as well as many of the hidden gems!
– Visit family-owned restaurants, and get the story behind the food while you taste authentic Cuban cuisine the area has to offer.
– Admire the art of a “Cubano” hand-rolled cigar and listen to traditional music.
– Meet artists and learn about their distinctive work right at their studios.
– Learn about spiritual beliefs the community practice including Santeria.
“And while Little Havana has always been a mouthwatering Mecca of Cuban food, visiting this neighborhood on a Miami Culinary Tour is like having your own private Rosetta Stone, without all the annoying repetition.” - Lesley Abravanel Editor/Jet Miami/Fort Lauderdale
TASTINGS AND LOCATIONS:
A TRUE TASTE OF OLD HAVANA
Filled with rustic charm and a large illustration of Cuba gracing the walls at one of the oldest restaurants in the area, be introduced to the daily routine of Little Havana locals. Enjoy the crisp shell of a tostone filled with succulent sofrito-chicken and the savory juices of a picadillo stuffed empanada – El Pub Restaurant
LOCAL’S FAVORITE PLACE FOR THE CUBAN SANDWICH
Located next to the historic Tower Theatre this restaurant is painted with music memorabilia from Cuba’s glorious past. Get acquainted with an authentic cuban sandwich for a true old Havana experience – El Exquisito Restaurant
Featured on the Travel Channel as a “must-have” taste Betty’s cafe Cubano
This liquid is what fuels Miami through their days and nights. Similar to an espresso, this ultra sweet and ultra strong shot provides an experience of local life at a local ventanita.
MIAMIAN’S FAVORITE FINGER FOOD
Flakey and sweet, enjoy a fragrant guava pastry from a local bakery that bakes these “Best Of Miami” daily – Yisil Bakery
Savor The Island with fresh squeeze Guarapo
Island life is here in the form of a family owned and run fruteria. Indulge in guarapo juice and become educated in the succulent exotic fruits that are found in Caribbean countries and Miami, including the fragrant mamey and guava fruits – Los Pinedos Fruteria
EXOTIC TROPICAL FRUIT ICE CREAM DONE THE OLD CUBAN WAY
The colorful chalk decorating the walls are only a start for the rainbow of tropical flavors you will find at this family owned ice cream parlor. Made with the owner grandmother’s secret recipe and a modern latin twist, flan or mamey ice cream will cool you down from the Miami sun – Azucar Ice cream Parlor
Why take this tour with us?
- We serve the equivalence of a full lunch. Our servings are generous to cater for every appetite.
- Our guests get VIP treatment; preferred restaurant sections are assigned, and dishes served within minutes after we sit down.
- Our tours are small giving everyone a personalized experience.
- We are not your typical tour guide. We are energetic, fun, passionate and we are filled with wonderful stories to share.
- We go to some of the best local places most visitors would never find.
We fully cater for vegetarians and/or non-beef, non-chicken, non-pork or non-fish diets. We are not able to accommodate any food allergies including gluten free and vegan diets. If your diet is gluten-free/vegan and still want to enjoy our tours, use code SPECIALNEED to get 30% off the ticket price (you will be served limited tastings).
Small & large private tours:
Complete our Group Form
Give the gift of great cuisine:
Buy a Gift Certificate
Book Now »