When: Thursdays through Sundays
Time: 12:30 pm
Food Stops: 5 food stops. Plenty of food is served.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Walking distance: 8 short city blocks
Meeting point: Two blocks from Domino Park. Exact address disclosed with ticket purchase..
Weather: We tour rain or shine.
Get to know Miami beyond Miami Beach & venture to off-the-beaten-path places for the curious eaters
Join us to taste some of the best Cuban bites in Miami. The Little Havana food tour explores the rich history and culinary delights of a vibrant neighborhood. Meet the lively and family-friendly community with our guided, edible journey through one of Miami’s oldest neighborhoods. Learn about traditional and rustic Cuban cuisine by tasting your way through the must-visit street in the area — Calle Ocho. This tour is designed for both locals and visitors who want to learn about the area’s history and culture while tasting Cuban food that has been prepared by countless generations of the same families through age-old recipes. Meet local artists, watch cigar rollers, and take a peek at Domino Park – all while exploring the unassuming, Cuban culture nestled within Miami’s, big city glam. This guided, narrated food tour is both a cultural and a culinary experience.
What you will experience:
- Experience Little Havana’s culture and heritage as well as many of it’s hidden culinary gems!
– Visit family-owned restaurants, and get the story behind the food while you taste the authentic Cuban cuisine the area has to offer.
– Admire the art of a “Cubano,” hand-rolled cigar and listen to Cuba’s traditional music.
– Meet artists and learn about their distinctive work right in their studios.
– Learn about spiritual beliefs the community practices, including Santeria.
Tastings equivalent to a full lunch:
A TRUE TASTE OF OLD HAVANA
Enjoy a picadillo-stuffed empanada at one of the oldest restaurants in the area. Filled with rustic charm and graced by a large illustration of Cuba across the walls, this establishment forms part of the daily routine of most Little Havana locals.
LOCAL’S FAVORITE PLACE FOR THE CUBAN SANDWICH
Located next to the historic Tower Theatre, this restaurant is painted with music memorabilia from Cuba’s glorious past. Become acquainted with an authentic cuban sandwich for a true, old Havana experience.
Featured on the Travel Channel as the “must-go-to-place,” taste Betty’s cafe Cubano
This dark, potent liquid is Miami’s everyday fuel. Similar to an espresso, this ultra-sweet and revitalizing shot of energy is a Cuban staple found at a local ventanita.
MIAMIAN’S FAVORITE FINGER FOOD
Flakey and sweet, enjoy a fragrant guava pastry from a local bakery that bakes these fresh, “Best Of Miami” daily.
Savor The Island with a fresh squeezed Guarapo juice
A family owned and operated fruteria brings us the crisp, refreshing taste of the Island life. Indulge with a glass of yummy Guarapo juice and enjoy a brief education of the various exotic fruits found in South Florida, including the fragrant mamey and guanabana fruits.
EXOTIC, TROPICAL FRUIT ICE CREAM MADE THE OLD CUBAN WAY
The colorful, chalk-decorated walls hint at the rainbow of tropical flavors that entice the nose at this family-run, ice cream parlor. Made with abuelita’s (grandmother’s) secret recipes and combined with a modern, latin flair, the flan or mamey ice cream will cool you down from Miami’s “sunny disposition.”
Why take this tour with us?
– We serve the equivalent of a full lunch with generous servings to cater for every appetite.
– Our guests get VIP treatment with seating in preferred, restaurant sections and dishes that are served within minutes after we sit down.
– Our tours are small, giving everyone a personalized experience.
– We are not your typical tour guide. We are energetic, fun, passionate, and we are filled with wonderful stories to share.
– We go to some of the best local places most visitors would never find.
Ball and Chain, El Pub Restaurant, El Equisito Restaurant, Yisil Bakery, Los Pinaderos Fruteria, Azucar Icecream
We fully cater for vegetarians and/or non-beef, non-chicken, non-pork or non-fish diets. People that require gluten-free diets will have to pass on some of the tastings. We are not able to accommodate food allergies.
Book a small or large private tour:
Book Now »