Hygiene and Safety Certified
Miami Culinary Tours Awarded First SanSee Shield in Florida
Miami Culinary Tours is the first tour operator in Florida to pass the screening offered by SanSee and receive the certification for hygiene and safety, and achieved one of the highest scores given to date. On June 18th 2020, Miami Culinary Tours has earned the prestigious SanSee Shield, establishing themselves as a leader in Miami’s tourism industry. By certifying that their tours have passed an extensive safety and hygiene audit, Miami Culinary Tours is putting safety first.
The company is the first in Florida to pass the screening offered by SanSee, a health and safety consulting firm serving tours and attractions, and achieved one of the highest scores given to date among over hundreds tours certified globally. Applicants are scored based on their ability to communicate new safety policy, rework tour logistics to minimize risk and commit to operational excellence.
Miami Culinary Tours received the Safe Travel Stamp for implementing health and hygiene protocols aligned with the World Travel & Tourism Council.
As of June 2020, City of Miami Mayor Francis Suarez announced that it is mandatory that residents and visitors wear a face mask in public to protect themselves and others.
Our health and yours is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep everyone safe during our tours. Following the expertise of health officials and regulators, Miami Culinary Tours is adopting a new policy and procedures to minimize physical contact and maximize the safety of everyone involved.
Until restrictions are lifted:
- Tour attendees are required to bring and wear their own face mask or face covering while on the tour except when eating.
- Tour guides will wear masks.
- We reduced the number of participants per tour to 10 guests.
- Suppliers and partners follow likeminded protocols.
- Tour guides and tour attendees are required to frequently sanitize hands.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided by the tour guide throughout the tour.
- Tours will be conducted mostly outdoors.
- If anyone in the group is experiencing any symptoms commonly associated with the Coronavirus on the day of the tour, they won’t be able to participate but they will have the choice to reschedule or receive a full refund if Miami Culinary Tours is notified at least two hours prior to the tour.
- Purchasing tickets for our tours will be only done online through contactless payments.