5 years ago, Pincho Factory opened in a tiny shopping center on Bird Road. The owners, Nedal, Nizar, and Otto, were trying to defy all odds by succeeding when they opened the restaurant in hopes of bringing their hopes and dreams to reality. No one is more adamant than Nedal that Pincho Factory had a greater chance of failing than of succeeding. In fact, the owners had a combination of $6.27 in their bank accounts the day the restaurant was open.
Now, Pincho Factory is considered a Miami staple. Iconic items like the Fritanga Burger, Toston Burger, and the elusive Croquetessa have become dishes that every Miami native dreams of. Pincho Factory has gotten some of the highest accolades in the industry, ranging from Best burgers in Miami, to nationwide recognition after winning the South Beach Wine and Food Festival in 2015. Needless to say, things have taken a turn for the better because of passion, determination, and love.
Because of this great success, Pincho Factory is celebrating its 5th anniversary with a 5 day bash. Starting Novermver 9, the restaurant will be offering a different specialty burger created by a widely-recognized local chefs. They are: Giorgio Rapicavoli (Eating House, Glass & Vine), Jose Mendin (Pubbelly Group), Aaron Brooks (EDGE Steak + Bar), Phil Bryant (Local Craft Food & Drink) and Sef Gonzalez (Miami’s own Burger Beast). Descriptions of each burger below, in chronological order:
· 11/9: Burger Beast’s Cousin Otto Burger, an ode to Pincho Factory co-owner Otto Othman, will feature Pincho Factory’s own signature burger patty, sweet chili sauce, jalapeños, bacon, pepper jack cheese (optional) on a brioche roll with Cajun fries.
· 11/10: The Local’s Phil Bryant’s El Camino – burger patty, sweet potato tots, Ropa Vieja, Swiss cheese and Mojo ketchup.
· 11/11: Jose Mendin’s Le Pincho Royale comes complete with foie gras & shortrib pincho, gruyere cheese and black truffle jus.
· 11/12: Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Calle Ocho Burger will feature Angus beef, fried onion, potato, sweet plantains, smoked cream cheese, guava ketchup and mojo.
· 11/13: EDGE Steak + Bar’s Aaron Brooks will celebrate with an Aussie lamb burger.
Last week, we were able to sample the burgers, and we have to say, we couldn’t choose a favorite. Every burger had something different to offer. From spiciness, to decadence, to freshness, to culture, every burger has something to bring to the table. It is evident why Pincho Factory chose all these people to help them celebrate their birthday. Make sure to check them out!
Pincho Factory currently has two locations:
30 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables, FL 33134
9860 SW 40th St, Miami, FL 33165