Pico de Gallo Recipe
4 plum tomatoes
1 white onion
12 cilantro sprigs
2 serrano chiles
Salt to taste
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and slice in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds and pulp and discard.
- With a paring knife, remove the tops off the chiles and slice lengthwise. Cut out the seeds and veins.
- Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems and discard the stems.
- Chop the tomato into ¼ inch pieces. Finely chop the onion, cilantro and serrano chiles
- Add the vegetables to a bowl and add the juice of the lime and salt to taste. Mix well. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Credit: Robyn Webb