1. Colombia produces 60% of the world’s most expensive Emeralds.
2.Colombia is the most biodiverse country in the world.
3. Lasik eye surgery began in Colombia.
4. 12% of the world’s coffee comes from Colombia.
5. The capital city of Bogota has a lower homicide rate than Washington D.C
1. The first suntan lotion was invented by Miami Beach pharmacist, Benjamin Green in 1944.
2. Is the only major U.S city to have been founded by a woman, Julia Tuttle.
3. Miami is the largest cruise ship port in the world.
4. Miami has one of the largest snow skiing clubs in the United States.
5. Miami is the wreck diving capital with over 50 wrecks.
1. The first animated film was made in Argentina in 1917.
2. Argentina means “Land of Silver”
3. Argentina is the 5th largest wine producer in the world.
4. Has the highest number of plastic surgeries per woman in the world.
1. Has the highest number of museums per capita in the world.
2.Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
3. Israeli bank notes have braille on them so the blind can identify them.
4. Israel is known as the land of “Milk & Honey.” Milk is the number one most produced food in Israel. They produces more than 1.2 million metric tons.
1. India is the birthplace of chess.
2. With 150,000 post offices, India has the largest postal network in the world. However, it is not unusual for a letter to take two weeks to travel just 30 miles.
3. India is the world’s largest producer of tea.
4. India’s national animal is the Bengal tiger.
5. India invented the number system and Aryabhatta was the scientist who invented the digit zero.
1. Bacardi Rum was founded in Cuba and then moved to Puerto Rico when Castro took over.
2. The national sport is Baseball.
3. Cuba is sometimes called El Crocodrilo, which is Spanish for Alligator because the aerial view resembles an alligator.
4. The world’s smallest bird, the bee hummingbird, is found in Cuba.