Chicken croquettes are a great snack. These croquettes were my dinner last time, it has been a long time since the last time I ate croquettes…I decided to shoulder up and eat away!
If you have chicken leftovers, this is easy to make, usually you will have many pieces, so you can freeze them and keep them for any unexpected event that may occur at the last minute.
Here you have a simple croquette recipe made with chicken and white sauce. It is easy to prepare, with no risks of loosing your mind or getting bored, but you have to take into account that it is required to leave it many hours in the fridge (patience anyone?).
In this version, I use chicken legs and thighs meat, but it can also be made using breasts. It is important that the white sauce becomes thick instead of liquid in order to melt well the ingredients. To achieve this, it is important to measure correctly the quantity of milk.
Ingredients (12 pieces)
- 1 thigh leg of chicken
- 1 tbspoon of butter
- 1 tbspoon of flour
- Flour to coat in
- 2 eggs
- Chopped Parsley
1. Bone the chicken, chop in small cubes and brown in a pan with a trickle of oil.
2. Prepare a thick white or bechamel sauce: put the tablespoon of butter in a saucepan, once it has melt, add a spoon of flour and dissolve over a low flame. Once it is homogeneous, add the milk gradually and mix, if it is necessary add more milk. It would be thick if you raise the spoon and you do not see a liquid trickle. When it is ready, add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Join the chicken –already brown- in the pan with the sauce and blend it in a mixer until you obtain a paste with no lumps. Stretch on a plate and leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. To coat in. Put the flour in a plate, beat the eggs in a bowl and add salt, pepper and parsley. Place the breadcrumbs in another plate.
5. Take the chicken paste away from the fridge, and make small balls with your hands. Coat in flour, then in eggs and finally in the breadcrumbs.
6. Once all the balls are made, fry them in oil until they are brown.
7. Serve warm with skewers to have your finger-food.