Award-winning craft brewery doing the Brooklyn Brewery Mash visits Miami to celebrate neighborhood culture, emerging artists and local food scene in weeklong series of food, beer and community events
What: For the second year in a row, the Brooklyn Brewery Mash tour hits Miami from October 25 – November 1 to celebrate what’s next in food, film, comedy, music, books and beer. The Mash tour is the largest traveling food, beer and arts festival, stopping in ten US cities as well as London and Stockholm in 2014. Brooklyn Brewery has collaborated with Miami chefs, artists and craft brewers to create one-of-a-kind entertainment experiences for the whole community to enjoy.
In partnership with select event partners from both Brooklyn and Miami, the weeklong series features exclusive dinners, concerts and lots of great Brooklyn beer. Miami Mash partners include: Chef Cesar Zapata, Paradise Farms, Johnathan Wakefield Brewing Company, Saltwater Brewery, Abbey Brewing Company, comedians Doug Smith, Yassir Lester, Lucali, Dinner Lab, The Butcher Shop, Gramps and Marnie Stern.
Who: Various spokespeople and Mash tour partners, including:
· Steve Hindy, President and Co-Founder of Brooklyn Brewery, who will discuss his new book,The Craft Beer Revolution offering insight and perspective as a pioneer of America’s craft beer movement.
· Brooklyn Brewery house chef Andrew Gerson and Miami’s own Chef Cesar Zapata have joined forces to offer unique community dining experiences that celebrate local flavors and explore alternative eating spaces in Miami.
Where/When: Check out the list of events for #MiamiMash, October 25 – November 1, 2014 below.
Mash tickets are available at BrooklynBreweryMash.com
Miami Mash Tour Schedule
Saturday, October 25, 2014:
Eat, Drink, & Learn w/ Chef Andrew Gerson
· What and Who: Chef Andrew brings his beer and food knowledge to Whole Foods to create pairings easy to recreate at home.
· Where: Whole Foods Coral Gables – 6701 Red Rd, Coral Gables
· When: 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 26, 2014:
Mash Beer Brunch & Mash Pass Giveaway
· What and Who: We’re pairing Brooklyn beers with Lou’s Beer Garden’s all-star brunch menu for the perfect prelude to the week ahead–and nothing says Miami like brunch by the pool. One lucky diner will win a pass to the entire Mash week.
· Where: Lou’s Beer Garden – 7337 Harding Ave., Miami Beach
· When: 11:00 a.m.
Dinner On The Farm
· What and Who: Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson will partner with Miami’s own Chef Cesar Zapata to develop a menu that takes advantage of the bountiful Miami area. The result is a family-style feast bringing together farm-raised produce, local artists, Brooklyn beer and a community interested in all of the above.
· Where: Paradise Farms – 19801 SW 320th St., Homestead
· When: 3:00 p.m. (Tickets: $55)
Monday, October 27, 2014:
· What and Who: We’re taking over the taps at Barracuda with Brooklyn favorites, plus rare offerings like vintage Brewmasters Reserves.
· Where: Barracuda – 3035 Fuller St, Miami
· When: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014:
Craft Beer Revolution with Johnathan Wakefield, Abbey Brewing Co., Biscayne Bay Brewing Company, SaltWater Brewing Company, & Miami Brewing Co.
· What and Who: Brooklyn Brewery co-founder Steve Hindy looks back with his fellow craft beer comrsades including Dustin Jeffers (of SaltWater Brewery), Jose Mallea (of Biscayne Bay Brewing Company) and Raymond Rigazio (of Abbey Brewing Company) to discuss the circumstances and ambitions that allowed a handful of individuals across the country to challenge one of the largest corporate dynasties in American history, moderated by Evan Benn (Esquire, Miami Herald). Then they’ll look ahead to the future of good beer and talk about the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for American craft beer.
· Where: Johnathan Wakefield Brewing Company – 120 NW 24th St., Miami
· When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
Wednesday, October 29, 2014:
Mash EDU: Beer Mixology
· What and Who: Get in the spirit: the pros at Abbey Brewing Company are teaching you how to take your beer to the next level – by turning it into a cocktail. This event is free, but show up early to sample some of beers from Miami’s oldest & only brewpub.
· Where: Abbey Brewing Company – 1115 16th St, Miami Beach
· When: 5:30 p.m.
Brooklyn Ha Ha: NYC Stand-up with Doug Smith & Yassir Lester
· What and Who: Brooklyn Ha Ha introduces New York comics Doug Smith & Yassir Lester, plus a local opener.
· Where: Lucali – 1930 Bay Rd, Miami Beach
· When: Starts at 8:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
Thursday, October 30, 2014:
Found Footage Festival
· What and Who: Found Footage Festival delivers the good, the bad and the ugly of forgotten VHS tapes.
· Where: O Cinema Wynwood – 90 NW 29th St., Miami
· When: Starts at 9:00 PM (Tickets: $12)
Friday, October 31, 2014:
Slow Supper with Dinner Lab
· What and Who: This pop-up dinner party, hosted in a unique, non-traditional location, embodies The Mash. This curated evening brings people together around a common table to share cuisine crafted by Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson in collaboration with Dinner Lab Chef Lulu Chustz.
· Where: Secret location to be announced the day-of
· When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $60)
Saturday, November 1, 2014:
Mash EDU: Beer & Butchery
· What and Who: Chef Andrew Gerson heads to The Butcher Shop – a beer garden, butcher counter, and restaurant – to pair Brooklyn beer with bites inspired by “old-fashioned butchery”.
· Where: The Butcher Shop – 165 NW 23rd St, Miami
· When: Starts at 2:00 p.m.
Mash Bash with Marnie Stern
· What and Who: Close out The Mash with this free concert starring shredder Marnie Stern and local openers. Nuit Blanche curates video art and food trucks congregate.
· Where: Gramps – 176 NW 24th St., Miami
· When: Starts at 8:00 PM (Tickets: Free)