Picture provided by Heidi Malaret, TARA, Ink.
Ceviche Traditional by Executive Chef Carlos Estarita
Celebrity who loves this dish: Audrina Patridge
Always use fresh market fish.
Leche de tigre base
· 250g lime juice
· 8g garlic
· 6g ginger
· 50g red onion
· 6ea cilantro stems
· 30g celery
· 3ea aji limo no seeds
· 9g kosher salt
· 110g fish
· 210g ice
· Get all veggies and fish trim and cut into small rough chunks, season with salt
· Keep mix in bowl over ice. (must remain cold at all times.
· Squeeze lime juice. (first press only)
· Add lime juice to mix and add ice let marinate for about 5min.
· Puree mix in about half of the liquid but only pulse about 3-5 times
· Strain with chinois and combine with rest of liquid.
· Leche de tigre is ready, keep cold at all times
To finish ceviche:
· Diced raw fish season well with sea salt
· Let sit for approx. 2 min
· Add chopped cilantro and aji limo
· Add leche de tigre to cover fish and let sit for approx. 2 min
· Place in bowl and garnish with canchas, choclo, sweet potato and red onion