MIAMI, FL – May 2, 2022 — Located in the heart of Brickell, Balan’s Bar & Brasserie brings a swanky feel to a favorite locals hotspot. The 2,500-square-foot, 141-seat restaurant reopened its doors in Mary Brickell Village with a fresh and elevated makeover featuring a more airy, light-filled space thanks to additional windows, a new skylight, and an open-kitchen concept. Launched as a 24-hour family-business diner in London in 1987, today, Balan’s is owned and operated by second-generation husband and wife team Keva and Jonathan Balan, son of international restaurateur and entrepreneur Prady Balan.
Guests coming to Balan’s will get the full experience no matter the time of day: Whether you’re strolling through Mary Brickell Village for a lunch spot or headed to date night with your partner, Balan’s is the go-to local neighborhood restaurant. Design elements like brass metal light fixtures, herringbone hardwood flooring and hints of red throughout the restaurant nod to the restaurant’s London roots. Redwood ceiling beams and elegant blue velvet bar stools add to the epic London City aesthetic while the beautiful gallery wall makes for an ideal Instagram moment. Warm materials such as light marble stone on the bar counter, custom Cuban-style floor tiles and tropical floral tapestry used in the banquettes tie the space back to Miami. The original Balan’s was located in London’s Soho, and its hip, sophisticated style is evident everywhere at their refreshed Brickell location.
Guests can take refuge in the plush, London-meets-Miami-inspired dining room or enjoy Balan’s beautiful outdoor garden terrace. Blocks from the bay, the outside patio features a breezy canopy, lounge furniture and lighting, with brick flooring that adds warmth and sophistication to the space. A savory home for hungry locals, executive lunch-goers, fine diners, late-night drinkers and festive brunchers, Balan’s menu is truly global. Conceived by Chef Executive Richard Jimenez and full of unique flavors, dishes range from local favorites like the Rigatoni Bolognese (whipped ricotta cheese, beef bolognese, fried basil & parmesan) and Truffle Carbonara (parmesan crumble, bacon, cream, truffle confit & 62.5-degree yolk), to the Chef’s Avant-Garde Burger (chuck patty topped with braised short rib, Beaujolais, vanilla bean demi, blue cheese, smoked cipollini aioli, frisée, Bordeaux jelly and hand-cut french fries) and Seared Ahi Tuna (banana leaf steamed aromatic rice, umeboshi aioli, petite cilantro & citrus dressing). Other delicious dishes include the Chilean Sea Bass (pan-seared Sea Bass, coconut yam puree, braised Brussels, plum chutney, and beurre blanc) and a Pan Seared Chicken Breast (bone-in chicken breast, confit potatoes, asparagus, cognac & truffle cream velouté). To finish on a sweet note, diners can delight in a mouth-watering Brioche Bread Pudding with fried brioche, walnut, salted caramel and beurre noisette ice cream.
● Two-course and three-course lunch special, available Monday through Friday 11 am until 3 pm, (2 courses: $21.95 pp) and/or (3 courses: $25.95 pp)
○ Choice of appetizer, main course, and dessert.
○ Guests can choose between options such as soup of the day, caesar, or house salad for an appetizer; main course selections include Balan’s Burger, Balan’s BLT, Mushroom Linguine, Chicken Sandwich, and Steak & Frites (+$12). Finish off the meal with a mouth-watering cheesecake to fulfill your sweet tooth!
○ Whispering Angel Lunch Special for $26: Sip on a bottle of rosé over your business meeting. ● Breakfast Club Menu: Available until 11:30 p.m.
○ Options include: Classic Eggs Benedict (two poached eggs, hollandaise* sauce served on a toasted English muffin, breakfast potatoes or mixed leaf salad), Omelet, and Full Breakfast (eggs of your choice, sausage & bacon, tomato, breakfast potatoes, mushroom, toast).
● Monday Special:
○ Oyster Mondays: $2 oysters all-day
● Wednesday Special:
○ Wine Wednesdays: 50% off bottles of wine for lunch and dinner
● Thursday Special:
○ Ladies Night: Ladies receive complimentary bubbly & lychee martinis from 5 PM - 8 PM. ● Happy Hour:
○ Every day from 3 to 7 pm. with specials including $5 select wine/beer, $8 cocktails, $7 liquor, and light bites
○ New light bites: ½ dozen oysters, sundried tomato & lentil hummus, mushroom sliders, beef skewers, lamb meatballs, and shrimp tempura.
○ Champagne Special: Perrier-Jouët, Grand Brut NV $75
Diners seeking an ideal brunch spot in Brickell will find a great boozy brunch on Saturdays and Sundays at Balan’s, featuring a wide selection of delicious dishes. Staple items include a Mushroom Toast prepared with a mushroom medley, caramelized shallot puree, roasted garlic, soy gelée, and black truffle salt; a French Toast with ZTB brioche, guava curd, cream cheese, and passionfruit syrup; and a Breakfast Sandwich with candied jalapeño bacon, romaine, xo aioli, sunny side up egg, tomato and fontina cheese on a Zak The Baker brioche bun. To wash it all down, guests can enjoy bottomless premium options ranging from $55 to $145. The all-day dining restaurant is open for breakfast until 1 am Sunday through Wednesday and until 2 am Thursday through Saturday when Balan’s gets packed with those searching for an enjoyable meal, a bottle of wine, and a lively ambiance. On Fridays and Saturdays, guests can sit back and prepare to be dazzled by Balan’s exhilarating live performances, including DJs, live music, and entertainment such as burlesque, fire shows, and an electric violinist, all while enjoying dinner and a fantastic atmosphere. The trendy and chic brasserie has become locals’ go-to spot for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Whether you’re indulging in the best weekend brunch in Miami, late-night cocktails, or a corporate lunch, Balan’s menu caters to every occasion and mood.