Award winning scoop shop, Azucar Ice Cream Company, LLC is doing its part to help fans of the Miami-based ice cream parlor get ready for their Thanksgiving celebrations. Whether you are carving a traditional Pilgrim style Turkey dinner or if you are gathering the family for a Cuban ‘Sansgiving’, these Thanksgiving desserts will certainly compliment your holiday meal and help induce your in-laws into food comas. This year’s offerings include:
· Abuela Maria® and Abuela Maria® Ice Cream Cake (Vanilla ice cream with ruby red guava, morsels of cream cheese and Maria Crackers)
· Sweet Potato/Ancho Chili/Chocolate Chunk (A sweet and mildly spicy combination of sweet potatoes blended smoky ancho chilies and chunks of semi sweet chocolate)
· Manzana Cubana (Fireman Derek’s famous Apple Pie folded into Mantecado Ice Cream)
· Madagascar Vanilla (Premium vanilla ice cream made with sweet cream)
· Mantecado (Cuban vanilla ice cream scented with nutmeg and cinnamon)
· Papa Dulce (Cinnamon, Brown Sugar and Baked Sweet Potato ice cream)
· Willy Cherrino (Bourbon-Vanilla Ice Cream with Maraschino and Bing Cherries)
· Peanut Butter (Rich, creamy and decadent Peanut Butter ice cream)
The above ice creams plus your favorite tropical flavors are available in pint size for your Thanksgiving dinner. The ice cream shop will have dry ice available for your holiday travels.
Azucar Ice Cream Company, LLC crafts artisanal gourmet ice creams and tropical sorbets using all natural and high quality ingredients. Inspired by the nostalgic flavors from Cuba, the Caribbean and Latin America, the ice cream boutique has received local fanfare and international acclaim for their unique, only-in-Miami flavor profiles. The store’s most popular ice cream flavors include Mamey, Mango, Key Lime Pie, Rum Cake and Abuela Maria®, the store’s original creation of premium vanilla ice cream featuring ruby red Guava, Cuban-style Maria Crackers and morsels of cream cheese. “Ice cream is fun! Ice cream is a good time!” says owner Suzy Batlle about her artisanal confections.
Located in the heart of Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood, the store has established itself as a must-try destination on local food tours and has found itself at the top of foodie’s Best-of-Miami lists. Grace Della, founder of Miami Culinary Food Tours says, “…with flavors such us flan, passion fruit and mamey, this is a real Cuban experience that you cannot miss when you are in the neighborhood." The Wall Street Journal raved, “If you want a different sort of guilty pleasure, head to tiny Azucar for an ice cream in tropical flavors”.
Since its opening in August 2011, Azucar Ice Cream Company has been featured in numerous world-wide publications including the Miami Herald, Cooking Light magazine and the BBC.
The ice cream shop is located at 1503 SW 8th Street (Calle Ocho) Miami, Florida 33135. For more information about Azucar Ice Cream Company, LLC visit the company’s website: azucaricecream.com or call (305) 381-0369.