Time: 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM
Food Stops: 5 food stops. Plenty of food is served.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Walking distance: One mile of leisurely strolling with plenty of seated restaurant breaks and stops covering the unique history and fun local facts
Meeting point: Two blocks from Ocean Drive. Exact location disclosed with ticket purchase.
Weather: We tour rain or shine.
Join us at the South Beach Miami Food Tour to savor tasty treasures inside the beating heart of Miami Beach during a fun and engaging architectural, historical and walking tour of the Art Deco Historic District, with a culinary twist. Enjoy delicious tastings at hole-in-the-wall and mom & pop type of restaurants. Taste the best of Miami Beach’s global cuisine (“melting-pot”) with its predominate Latin, European, and American comfort food, uncovering the hidden hotspots for crunchy patacones, authentic empanadas, home made Cuban dishes, Refajo drink and much more. You will sit and relax while savoring different dishes, as well as stand and eat on the go as in a cosmopolitan city.
What you will experience:
- Exclusive menu items developed by local food experts in conjunction with prominent food personalities in the city.
- Visit mom-and-pop type of restaurants and hole-in-the wall delicious eateries.
- Learn about the dramatic, inspiring history & architecture of the Art Deco district.
- Enjoy tastings at places where locals eat and get to know what restaurants to avoid.
- Meet people from all over the world that bond in the common interest for great culinary findings.
TASTINGS AND LOCATIONS:
ARTISAN FLORIBBEAN CUISINE
Savor one of the freshest ceviche (“seh-BEE-chay”) in town – done the right way! Ceviche is an old tradition in South America. Try a delicious ceviche with passion fruit, canchita and other authentic ingredients at a beautiful tavern where you will experience the real local ambiance. A cooling beer cocktail enhances the experience at this local gem labelled ‘Best Colombian Restaurant in Miami Beach’ by The Sun Post
MIAMIAN’S FAVORITE BITE
A third-generation bakery named “Best Place For Empanadas” by the Food Network. These folks craft a delicate pillow of shredded chicken with spices folded into the family’s famous buttery, flaky dough with avocado and cilantro sauce for a true Miamian bite
A TASTE OF OLD HAVANA
Enjoy the local ambiance, and an old Havana atmosphere in this beloved local institution, while devouring a Cuban classic. Get to taste homemade mojo and chimichurri with your main dish of vaca frita and sweet plantains. Learn the secrets of Cuban cuisine as your guide explains each of the ingredients of their perfectly cooked dishes
Run by a young family from Verona, Italy, their vegetarian pocket made with a 300 year old recipe “mother dough” filled with homemade pesto, feta cheese, spinach and other delectable ingredients will leave you wondering how can you make another stop at this all-organic hole-in-the wall place that you certainly should not miss while you are back in the neighborhood
Perk up with a Miami staple, the cafe Cubano, brewed the traditional way at this ventanita for thirty-four years. Sip as the locals do and get a quick lesson on how to order the perfect colada, cortadito and cafe con leche.
A SWEET & SALTY TREAT
Crispy crunchy on the outside, moist and light on the inside combined with a sweet and salty special coating, this Spanish treat filled with homemade dulce de leche is served hot for a melt-in-your-mouth experience served minutes after made at a casual cafeteria
The finest Italian ingredients melt languidly in the mouth with award-winning gelato – rightfully winning the title of “Best Gelato in Miami” by The Miami New Times
WHY TAKE A TOUR WITH US:
– We are not your typical tour guide. We are local food experts who are energetic, fun, passionate and filled with wonderful neighborhood stories to share.
– Our guests get VIP treatment; preferred restaurant sections are assigned, and dishes served within minutes after we sit down.
– The servings are generous to cater for every appetite.
– We keep our tours small giving everyone a personalized experience.
– Be introduced to some of the best local places most visitors would never find.
We fully cater for vegetarians and/or non-beef, non-chicken, non-pork or non-fish diets. We are not able to accommodate any food allergies including gluten free.
Looking for an affordable way to ride get to our meeting point? Download UBER and use code bz9oi for $30 of credit rides!
Small & large private tours:
*We are not endorsed by any of the restaurants we include at the tours. Stops and tastings are subject to change without notice. All food served sum up to be such that a meal afterward for most people shall not be needed.